Ducting Solutions for Heat Recovery Ventilation Systems
A heat recovery ventilation system is only as good as the ducting used.
Warmth supply the most comprehensive range of quality ventilation and duct solutions and we can design a system to suit any type of property.
There are two types of ducting solutions: The Radial System or the Branched System
Radial ducting is the latest innovation on ventiliation systems and can provide a quieter and more efficient ventilation system compared to rigid ductwork.
Radial Ducting is a system of smooth bore pipes which are crushproof, semi flexible with zero air loss. The pipes have an anti-static and antibacterial lining which individually connects each room to a manifold and are available in both circular (75mm or 90mm) and oval (51mmx114mm) fittings. Radical ducting is suitable for any type of property; including timber framed houses, passive house approval homes and can be used in areas with limited access.
- Zero air leakage ductwork (pipe ends are mechanically fitted with rubber seals)
- Low air resistance
- 50 percent faster installation rate than traditional branch systems (PVC/metal)
- No crosstalk between rooms (Quieter)
- Smaller pipework than tradtional branch systems
- No sealants required
- Hygenic smooth inner surface
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean
- supplied in 50m coils
- crushproof up to 16 Kn/m
- SAP appendix Q recognised
- Up to 85% less connections than traditional Rigid Ductwork
- Suitable for DIY installation
- Installation recommended below loft insulation to improve heat retention compared to older systems
Do not confuse this ducting with flexible or semi rigid aluminium ducting
Rigid/branched ducting is commonly used and is a cost effective ductwork solution on ventiliation systems.
Is a system of round or flat PVC or EPE rigid ductwork which are typically 150mm or 125mm which branch out with T-pieces into various rooms. PVC Rigid ductwork has been used for over 50 years in domestic installations.
- Available from 100mm to 300mm diameters
- Cost efficient
- Excellent air flow rates
- PVC range suitable for DIY installations
- Suitable for exposed locations
- SAP appendix Q listed
- Can be commercially cleaned
- Galvamised metal suitable for traditional systems
- Installation above the loft insulation and insulated seperately is recommended
- Galvanised metal has high crushability
- PVC rectangular range available for areas of limited height.